Keen Video Recipe
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Healthy Homemade Beefaroni
Craving Beefaroni? Make homemade beefaroni with fresh ingredients and a lot less salt. This one pot recipe is sure to please your family and beats the canned stuff any day of the week.
- 1 lb ground hamburger
- 2 cup elbow noodles (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can tomato puree (28 oz - no salt added)
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup onions (minced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- In large pot, heat olive oil. Stir in onions and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add ground hamburger. Break apart and brown the meat.
- Add 1 cup of water and tomatoes. Cook on high for 2 minutes while stirring. Reduce to medium heat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, oregano, and parsley. Stir until well mixed. Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add dry macaroni noodles and 2 cups of water. Turn heat to high. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes occasionally stirring so the noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot in bowls.
- •-Chef Boyardee Beefaroni is a childhood classic as well as a nutritional DUD. This Homemade Beefaroni is a quick easy alternative featuring fresh healthy ingredients.
•-Reduced use of salt keeps sodium levels down making this recipe a Heart Healthy option.
•-What is next? Vegan Beefaroni. Until then, try this Vegan Mexican Casserole recipe