How-to Video recipe
Tuna nutritional value – Super food
I am constantly on the prowl for great tuna recipes because tuna is a nutritional powerhouse, a super food. In an article on WholeFoods®, Tuna steak ranked as one of the healthiest foods to include in your diet. ( Awesome Article ) Low in fat, calories and sodium. Nice! High in protein, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, niacin, and the ever elusive selenium. Nutritious! In addition, tuna has omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidant properties.
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Homemade Pot Pie Tuna Recipe
- 6 oz tuna steak
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package premade pie crusts (2 count)
- 2 aluminum foil pie shells (7 inch)
- Cut tuna steak into bite sized cubes. ( Why use fresh tuna steak? See tuna nutritional value below. )
- In large pot, heat olive oil on medium high. Add minced onions and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Stir in tuna steak cubes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add soup, peas, carrots, and 1 cup of vegetable broth. Stir until well combined. Cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add rest of broth. Cook on low for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Prepare pie shells
- Form a bottom crust in each aluminum shell. (1 pie crust per shell) Using a small knife, cut away excess pie crust. Note: save excess pie crust dough for later use.
- Fill each foil pan half way with tuna mixture. Sprinkle feta cheese crumbles on top.
- Fill foil pans almost to the top with more tuna mixture. Leave 1/2 inch rim.
- Roll out excess pie dough into 2 separate top crusts. Place top crusts on each foil pan.
- Using a fork, pinch the edges of the bottom and top crusts together. Poke fork holes in the top crust.
Bake and Serve
- Place foil pans on a baking sheet. Bake in oven at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes. Using a butter knife carefully loosen pot pie from foil pan. Place a plate upside down on pot pie. Flip the plate. Pot pie should slide out of pan easily.
- Slice pot pie in half and serve warm on separate plates. Each homemade pot pie should serve two people.