Meatloaf with chorizo recipe
Does your meatloaf recipe lack passion? For many, meatloaf is a time tested favorite meal. It is simple and satisfying. Try supercharging your meatloaf with our Chorizo Meatloaf recipe. The mix of chorizo sausage and hamburger gives this recipe a kick that is sure to satisfy your dinner table.
- 1 lb Ground Hamburger
- 1/2 lb Chorizo sausage
- 1 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Mix burger, chorizo, red pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, and half of the onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Form the meat mixture into a meatloaf pan. Poke 3 holes on top.
- Put 1 tbsp of barbecue sauce in each hole.
- Bake at 375 F for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and pour off excess grease.
- Sprinkle rest of scallions on top. Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Cut meatloaf into slices and serve hot on plates.