Smoked Cod Notes
I was a bit fearful that I may be “under spicing” this recipe. However, I had forgotten the creamy power of butter and the “snap” of malt vinegar. In the end, the simple combination of Paprika, butter, malt vinegar and broth created a memorable sauce.
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Smoked Cod in butter sauce
- 3 Cod fillets (~6 oz each)
- 3 tsp malt vinegar
- 5 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 pt Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 cup cauliflower (broken into flowerettes)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter (cut into 1 oz slices)
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C)
- On a rimmed baking sheet place a sheet of aluminum foil. Arrange Cod fillets on the sheet. Add vegetable broth and butter. Place in preheated oven for 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Remove from oven. Splash malt vinegar on top of each fillet. Arrange flowerettes around cod fillets. Add more vegetable broth to insure enough liquid. Generously sprinkle Paprika on top of each fillet. (1 tsp per fillet) Lightly sprinkle rest of Paprika on the cauliflower. Return to oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove and add sliced cherry tomatoes. Bake for 10 more minutes or until cauliflower is nicely browned. Remove from oven. Let cool for 3 minutes. Serve hot on plates.
- Add feta cheese crumbles when adding cauliflower.
- Add whole sweet corn kernels when adding cauliflower.