- Unlike many salad recipes, this recipe is heated. I agree it looks like a mess. While heated salad is “weird” at first, the flavor is truly worth a little experimentation.
- Turkey tends to be a rather flavorless meat. By using the slow cooker, you can infuse turkey with a great robust taste.
- Use romaine lettuce instead of iceberg lettuce. Iceberg lettuce is nutritionally “weak”. Conversely, romaine lettuce is packed with nutrients.
Other recipes to try
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Taco Salad with Turkey
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 romaine hearts (chopped)
- 1 can whole kernel corn (no salt added - 15 oz)
- 1 can pinto beans (no salt added - 15 oz)
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (no salt added - 15 oz)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp crushed peppers
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp miso
- 1 cup beef broth (low sodium)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- Add 1 cup beef broth and 2 tbsp miso in small sauce pan. Heat on low. Stir until miso is incorporated into broth. Remove from heat.
- In a slow-cooker, add turkey, Worcestershire sauce, onions, and the spices. Mix together. Add miso broth and cook on high for 1 hour.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped lettuce. Add pinto beans, corn and half of the cheese. Mix together.
- Add the heated turkey mixture. Mix together. Add diced tomatoes and rest of cheese. Mix together.
- Serve warm in bowls.