Baked cod recipe with dijon sauce
- 2 cod fillets (5 oz each)
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup whole black mustard seeds
- 1/2 pt grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp malt vinegar
- Mix miso, lemon juice, malt vinegar and chicken broth in a glass baking dish.
- Place cod fillets in the mixture. Position garlic cloves around the fish.
- Bake at low temperature (200 F) for 20 minutes. Longer if using frozen fillets.
- Remove from oven. Flip fillets over and top with dijon mustard. Sprinkle on whole mustard seeds. Add sliced grape tomatoes to baking dish.
- Bake at higher temperature (350 F) for 30 minutes. Add extra broth or water if needed. The goal is to maintain a nice sauce throughout the baking process.
Baked Cod Recipe Notes
Personally, I love this recipe. The ingredients list is a perfect balance between easy to find and unique flavoring.