Recipe for Beefaroni
Healthy Homemade Beefaroni
- 1 lb ground hamburger
- 2 cup elbow noodles (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can tomato puree (28 oz – no salt added)
- 1 1/2 tbsp oregano flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup onions (minced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- sour cream
- In large pot, heat olive oil. Stir in onions and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add ground hamburger. Break apart and brown the meat.
- Add 1 cup of water and tomatoes. Cook on high for 2 minutes while stirring. Reduce to medium heat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, oregano, and parsley. Stir until well mixed. Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add dry macaroni noodles and 2 cups of water. Turn heat to high. Bring to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes occasionally stirring so the noodles don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot in bowls.
- •-Chef Boyardee Beefaroni is a childhood classic as well as a nutritional DUD. This Homemade Beefaroni is a quick easy alternative featuring fresh healthy ingredients.
•-Reduced use of salt keeps sodium levels down making this recipe a Heart Healthy option.
•-What is next? Vegan Beefaroni. Until then, try this Vegan Mexican Casserole recipe
Homemade Beefaroni tastes better
Our recipe for homemade beefaroni tastes better. Not because we say so but because we use top-quality ingredients, add a few carefully chosen spices, and, finally, apply a lot of tender loving cooking time.
Like our recipe for beefaroni? Try our Easy Taco Soup recipe