Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Saffron Lemon Garlic Cod en Papillote
Lemon Garlic Cod with saffron is over the top fancy food that is easy to make. Baked en papillote makes this recipe a five star gem. Fresh ingredients.
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 sprigs of saffron
- 1 lb fresh cod fillets
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cauliflower (broken into flowerettes)
- 1 cup snap peas
- 3 tsp malt vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic (cut into slices)
- 1 1/2 cup sliced potatoes (pre-cooked)
- Add all marinate ingredients (except saffron) in a baking dish. Cut fish into 3 equal portions. (approximately 5 oz each) Place fish in marinate mixture. Break up the sprigs of saffron and sprinkle a dash of saffron on top of each fillet. WARNING: Saffron is a very potent spice. If you use too much, you CANNOT go back. Let fish marinate for an hour.
- Arrange a sheet of aluminum foil on flat surface. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper. Add one third of cooked potatoes. Top potatoes with 1 tsp of malt vinegar. Place cut cod fillet next to the potatoes. Top fish with 1 tsp of lemon juice. Arrange one third of cauliflower flowerettes and one third of snap peas on top of potatoes. Drizzle olive oil on top of the whole contents. Top with two lemon slices.
- Fold parchment paper so it forms a partially sealed packet. Fold aluminum foil so it forms a tight seal. Repeat this process with other two pieces of cod. You will end up with three packets.
- Bake packets at 350 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve packets on plates. Let your dinner guests open the packet. That is part of the fun.