Our Paprika Dijon Meatloaf recipe is a classic with a dash of flair. See our secret meatloaf temp and time notes that produce a meatloaf like no other. Enjoy this recipe.
Paprika Dijon Meatloaf
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (Italian seasoned is preferred)
- 1/4 cup Almond milk (unflavored)
- Crushed red peppers to taste
Top crust mixture
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp A1 Steak sauce
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Mix pork and ground beef in large mixing bowl. Add Worcestershire, 1 tbsp Dijon, 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika to meat mixture. Mix until combined.
- Form a bowl like depression in the meat mixture. Add breadcrumbs and almond milk. Stir until milk and breadcrumbs form a mushy mixture. Fold everything together in the mixing bowl until well combined.
- Put meat mixture into a special meatloaf pan. Pack it well. With your fingers, form the meat into the shape of a bread loaf.
- Put meatloaf pan in oven for 30 minutes at 350 F (175 C).
- While the meat is cooking, combine 1 tbsp A1 sauce, 1 tbsp dijon mustard and 1 tbsp smoked paprika in a small glass bowl. Mix together until smooth.
- After 30 minutes remove meatloaf from oven and coat the top with Dijon mixture. Optionally, sprinkle on crushed red peppers for a spicier taste. Place back in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove meatloaf from pan and place the loaf on a cutting board. Slice meatloaf into servings. Thickness is up to you.
- Serve meatloaf on plate with vegetables and potatoes. A nice beefy mushroom gravy is recommended.
Meatloaf is our passion
People are shocked by our dedication to meatloaf. Think about it. There are thousands of recipes that are more favorable, more nutritious, and more appealing. Yet, we have this reverence for meatloaf. Even meatloaf temp and time make a big difference to us. Trust me when I say that Meatloaf night is a good day to visit our kitchen.
Meatloaf temp and time
For us, cooking meatloaf is almost a science. We match our meatloaf meat mixture to an oven setting. That is to say, the meatloaf temp and time depend on which meat combination we are using. Hamburger and sausage demand 30 minutes at 350, while 100% ground beef meatloaf is set to 25 minutes at 400.
Can meatloaf be frozen?
Yes. You can prepare your meatloaf recipe and place the covered meatloaf pan in the freezer. However, it should not be stored for more than 5 days before cooking.
Meatloaf vs salisbury steak?
Meatloaf and salisbury steak is very similar in content. Generally, meatloaf mixes ground beef with pork, while salisbury steak is 100% ground beef. See our Salisbury Steak recipe.
Meatloaf in air fryer?
Yes, it is possible. In many ways, this cooking method is preferable. Here is one of my favorite Meatloaf in air fryer recipes. Spend with Pennies recipe
Meatloaf egg substitute?
Many meatloaf recipes use an egg as the binding agent that holds the meat together. However, many people are eliminating eggs from their diet. As a substitute, cooks suggest olive oil, vegan mayonnaise, and premade products like Just Egg. Our recipe does not use eggs.