What is Miso?
In a phrase, Miso is fermented soybeans and rice. Admittedly, that description does not sound appealing. For years, I ignored this ingredient and recipes that called for Miso. Eventually I did try it and was amazed by the extra flavor this simple ingredient delivered. Flavor-wise, Miso is difficult to describe except to say savory. My words cannot do this ingredient justice, so I highly recommend trying Miso for yourself.
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
salisbury steak with mushroom gravy
Meat Mixture Ingredients
- 1 lb top sirloin ground beef
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp steak sauce ( I like A1 sauce )
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1 pt whole button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp miso ( optional )
- 3 cloves garlic ( minced )
- Wash any foreign matter off the mushrooms. Remove the stems leaving the whole mushroom button. Set aside.
- Combine all the meat mixture ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly.
- Form two oval shaped patties. Press them well or they won't hold their shape while cooking. Place them in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
- In glass baking dish, mix broth, miso, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce. Remove meat patties from freezer and place in baking dish. Top patties with a little steak sauce.
- Surround meat patties with whole mushrooms and minced garlic. Bake at 350 F / 175 C for 20 minutes.
- Remove and flip patties. Return to the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot on plates. Top meat and mushrooms with sauce from the baking dish.