- Healthy – Fresh carrots and tomatoes adds nutritional value.
- Low Carb – By resisting adding any noodles, this recipe is low carb.
- #1 Soup Rule – The longer you let this recipe simmer, the better it will taste.
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Low sodium homemade chicken soup
- 12 oz boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pt grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup onions (minched)
- 3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- PREP WORK: Cut boneless chicken thighs into small chunks. Chop carrots into bite size cubes. Slice grape tomatoes in half. Mince onions.
- In a large stock pot, heat EVOO. Toss in onions and 2 tbsp of cumin seeds. Cook on high for 30 seconds. Add cut chicken thigh chunks. Cook on high 2-3 minutes. Stir.
- Add 1 cup of broth and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add carrots and remaining cumin seeds. Add another cup of broth and 1 cup of water. Cook on medium for 20 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes. Add another cup of broth and 1 cup of water. Cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Here comes the tough part... Reduce heat to Simmer and let soup simmer for "as long as you can stand it". That is to say, the longer you simmer this recipe, the better it will taste. Taste broth and add salt and pepper to taste. REMEMBER: The goal is for low sodium soup so don't overdo adding salt. (just a dash)