Jackfruit – Nutritional Super Food
Raw unseasoned Jackfruit is a super food. It is zero fat, zero cholesterol, super low sodium and a ton of fiber. Did I mention high in Iron? However, buying pre-seasoned packages of jackfruit is expensive and usually destroys the awesome nutritional numbers associated with raw jackfruit. Your best bet is to order raw jackfruit from Amazon.
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Jackfruit Vegan Stew
- 2 cup raw unseasoned jackfruit
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 bunch carrots (peeled and cut)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp Basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Parsley flakes
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cup vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 2 tbsp miso
- 2 tbsp plant butter (optional)
- Chop bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Mince the onion.
- Peel and chop the carrots. Chop the celery.
- Measure out the spices.
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onions and stir for 1-2 minutes. Then add the bell pepper, jalapeno, carrots and celery. Stir for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 cup broth and 2 cups water. Then add the spices. Stir together. Cover the pot and cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low. Add the miso and 1 cup of broth. Stir until miso paste is incorporated in the sauce. Now add the raw jackfruit and final cup of vegetable broth. Stir together. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and stir the mixture. At this point, taste the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Note: For a slightly creamier sauce stir in 2 tbsp of plant butter. (optional)
- Serve warm in bowls. Works great as a lunch too.