Low carb sandwich wraps
With so many people watching their carbs these days, this recipe calls for using low carb sandwich wraps instead of soft flour tortillas. In my opinion, many of these low carb wraps are rather tasteless. I have found Tumaro™ Tomato & Basil wraps to be quite good.
Chicken Fajita recipe video
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Sizzling Chicken Fajitas
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp Taco sauce
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 8 oz Shredded cheese
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 3 fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 pkg sandwich wraps (8 count)
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked. (10-12 minutes) Remove from pot and cut into large strips. Place strips in plastic container. Add taco sauce, cumin powder, and vinegar. Thin out with water. Let chicken marinate for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Dice tomatoes. Cut red pepper into long thin slices.
- Heat grill on stovetop to medium high. Cook red pepper slices for 4-5 minutes. Carefully pour a mixture of lime juice and water on the red peppers. Warning: This produces a flash of hot steam. Remove peppers from grill and set aside.
- Put marinated chicken on the grill. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes. You want nice grill marks on the chicken. Again, with a mixture of lime juice and water, "sizzle" the chicken strips. (see warning above) Turn chicken strips and "sizzle" a second time.
- Remove chicken strips from grill and break into smaller chunks.
- Place a sandwich wrap on a flat surface. Top with chicken chunks. Add red peppers, cheese, and diced tomatoes. Top with greek yogurt (optional).
- Roll the wrap and cut in half. (Makes it less messy to eat) Serve immediately.