vegan chili recipe – Jackfruit chili in a crockpot
- 10 oz package of Jackfruit
- 1 can Black beans (14.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp red miso
- 2 habanero peppers (chopped)
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 cup vegetarian broth
- 1 white onion (medium – minced)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp crushed red peppers
- 2 oz vegan chocolate
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- 1 bell pepper (yellow or orange – chopped)
- Mince onion and habanero peppers. Chop bell pepper.
- Put onions, habanero peppers, miso, cumin powder, vegetable stock, and crushed tomatoes in a crockpot. Crumble vegan chocolate and add to pot. Mix ingredients together and cook on High for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water to pot. Mix in beans, corn, bell pepper, jackfruit, crushed peppers, and coffee. Cook on High 45 minutes.
Jackfruit Chili Thoughts
Our vegan jackfruit chili recipe is no joke in the world of chili. Let’s face it…many vegan / vegetarian chili recipes are rather bland and tasteless especially when compared to meat chili. However, the chili afficinadoes in our kitchen have banded together to create a vegan chili that is worthy of the name “Chili”.