Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Italian goulash with Trottole noodles
Italian goulash is a twist on the traditional goulash recipe you see everywhere on the web. I use Trottole pasta, diced tomatoes and garlic to create a goulash dish to be remembered.
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 cup dry Trottole noodles
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 cup Chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a stew pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute on high.
- Add sausage and cook sausage 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup broth and 1 cup water. Heat until boils.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, 2 cups broth, 1 cup water and paprika. Cook until bubbling.
- Add 1 cup broth, 1 cup water and the dry noodles. Cook until noodles soften. (usually 15-20 minutes) Stir noodles regularly.
Cook to Taste
- Taste the broth and season to your liking. For this recipe I added extra paprika and dried oregano.
- Allow to simmer. Taste as you go. Make small adjustments.
- Serve hot in bowls or set aside a few containers for a great lunch treat.