Italian goulash with Trottole noodles
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 2 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 cup dry Trottole noodles
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 cup Chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a stew pot, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onions. Cook 1 minute on high.
- Add sausage and cook sausage 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup broth and 1 cup water. Heat until boils.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, 2 cups broth, 1 cup water and paprika. Cook until bubbling.
- Add 1 cup broth, 1 cup water and the dry noodles. Cook until noodles soften. (usually 15-20 minutes) Stir noodles regularly.
Cook to Taste
- Taste the broth and season to your liking. For this recipe I added extra paprika and dried oregano.
- Allow to simmer. Taste as you go. Make small adjustments.
- Serve hot in bowls or set aside a few containers for a great lunch treat.
Italian Goulash? Real or not…
We are combining two cuisines with this recipe. Goulash is most closely associated with Germany or Hungary. Yet, this recipe includes many Italian components. Thus, we end up with Italian Goulash.