Grilled Indian chicken with mango sauce
Grilled Chicken Ingredients
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cut in half)
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp mixed peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 orange (zest and juiced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 3 fresh tomatoes (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint (finely chopped)
Tomato Mango sauce ingredients
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely diced)
- 2 fresh tomatoes (peeled, cored, seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and diced)
Making Tomato Mango yogurt sauce
- Mix all the listed ingredients together until well blended.
- Serve over grilled chicken. Yummy! ( Yields: 2 cups )
Making the Chicken
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry.
- Grind spices together in a blender until lightly crushed. Add garlic, orange zest and juice, white wine and the 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until well mixed. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade, and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes one each side, basting with reserved marinade. Transfer to a warm platter, place a dollop of Tomato-Mango Yogurt Sauce on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with parsley. Set aside.
- Place sliced tomatoes on grill, brush with remaining olive oil and grill for about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to the chicken platter, garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.
Grilled Indian Chicken Recipe Thoughts
This is a complicated recipe. That is to say, there is a lot involved with preparing this recipe. It is easy to ignore this recipe for a less challenging recipe. However, for those willing to accept the challenge, I promise you an amazing dinner delight at the end of your arduous journey. The mixture of spicy and sweetness will arouse your tastebuds.