Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Grilled Indian chicken with mango sauce
Grilled Indian chicken with mango sauce is not your typical chicken recipe. Grilled tomatoes and the mango yogurt sauce give this recipe an unique taste that is sure to please those adventurous appetites. Although this recipe takes extra effort to prepare, it is well worth the time and energy.
Grilled Chicken Ingredients
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (cut in half)
- 1 tsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp mixed peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 1 orange (zest and juiced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 3 fresh tomatoes (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 tbsp fresh mint (finely chopped)
Tomato Mango sauce ingredients
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely diced)
- 2 fresh tomatoes (peeled, cored, seeded and chopped)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and diced)
Making Tomato Mango yogurt sauce
- Mix all the listed ingredients together until well blended.
- Serve over grilled chicken. Yummy! ( Yields: 2 cups )
Making the Chicken
- Rinse chicken, and pat dry.
- Grind spices together in a blender until lightly crushed. Add garlic, orange zest and juice, white wine and the 1/2 cup olive oil. Blend until well mixed. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade, and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Grill until just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes one each side, basting with reserved marinade. Transfer to a warm platter, place a dollop of Tomato-Mango Yogurt Sauce on each piece of chicken and sprinkle with parsley. Set aside.
- Place sliced tomatoes on grill, brush with remaining olive oil and grill for about 1 minute on each side. Transfer to the chicken platter, garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.