Stir fry Omelette
Omelet Mix Ingredients
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
Stir fry Ingredients
- 1/2 lb snap peas (trimmed and cut in half)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (red – chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (yellow – chopped)
- 1/2 pt white mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tbsp stir fry sauce of choice
- 1 tbsp crushed red peppers
- 2 tbsp light cooking oil (sesame or sunflower)
- Beat together eggs, milk and water to prepare omelet mix. Refrigerate.
- Partially stir fry vegetables (snap peas, green onion, bell peppers, mushrooms) and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To order, finish stir fry 1 cup of vegetable jewel mixture in sauté or wok with 1 Tbsp. oil and add 1 oz. stir fry sauce. Sprinkle in crushed peppers. (optional)
- In a separate pan, prepare 2 egg omelet by using 4 ounces of omelet mix. Fill omelet with hot stir fried vegetables and fold. Serve hot.
Stir Fry Omelette – Is it vegetarian?
Many vegetarians include eggs as part of their diet. Many do not. Also, read stir fry sauce labels closely. Many sauces use fish oil which is a definite “no no” in the vegetarian world. Either way you decide, a Stir fry omelette is a tasty treat.