Mediterranean Turkey Casserole
- 16 oz uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cup cooked turkey (chopped)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (14.5 oz)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 9 Kalamata olives (pitted and sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Stir the broth, milk, salt and cornstarch together in a large pot or Dutch oven until the cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in noodles, turkey, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, Mozzarella cheese, wine, lemon juice and pepper.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon noodle mixture into dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Turkey Casserole with a Mediterranean Twist
The Mediterranean cuisine does not typically use turkey. Our recipe incorporates the health benefits of turkey with the rich flavors of the Mediterranean diet.