Why use Yukon Gold Potatoes?
Different varieties of potatoes cook differently. Russet potatoes are great for making mashed potatoes and french fries. Idaho potatoes make excellent baked potatoes. Redskin and Yukon Gold potatoes are particularly good in soups, stews and of course Roasted Potato recipes. We encourage you to take some time experimenting with different varieties of potatoes in different recipes. 🤯
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Classic Spicy Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp crushed peppers
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soup broth (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- Cut potatoes into bite size chunks. Place in plastic container.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, paprika, cumin and crushed peppers. Put lid on plastic container and shake vigorously. Make sure potatoes are well coated.
- Place coated potatoes on a edged baking tray. Pour broth and lemon juice forming a nice liquid layer on the bottom of the baking tray. Sprinkle minced garlic throughout the tray.
- Bake tray in oven at 375 F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the potatoes. Add more broth if liquid has cooked away. For extra flavor, sprinkle more cumin and paprika on potatoes. Return tray to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and let cool several minutes. Serve with favorite sauce. (Sour cream, Parmesan cheese, etc)