Looking for a recipe for chicken strips? Our spicy baked chicken strips in the oven feature a savory miso sauce while the strips are topped with a tangy Dijon mixture to deliver the maximum flavor. Don’t bother with tasteless fast food chicken strips. Try these homemade baked chicken strips today.
Easy chicken strips recipe
Baked Dijon Chicken Strips
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp miso (see note below)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers (optional)
- In small bowl, mix dijon mustard, 1 tbsp chicken broth, and paprika. Set aside. Sauce will be used to top chicken strips.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips.
- In a baking dish, add broth, miso, and vinegar. Mix together. Place cut chicken strips into baking dish. Bake at 300 F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Turn chicken strips. Coat tops of chicken strips with dijon sauce. Lightly sprinkle paprika on top of each strip. (just a dash) Top with fresh ground black pepper. Sprinkle on a few crushed red peppers if you want some spiciness. Return baking dish to oven and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- When finished, remove baking dish from oven. Serve hot on plates with your favorite vegetable. Remember to spoon some of the miso sauce on top of the chicken strips.
Why Miso & Dijon
Our homemade baked chicken strips call for miso and dijon. These two ingredients are not often found in recipes. Yet, they deliver fabulous taste to chicken strips. Miso adds a great savory flavor as the chicken bakes in the oven. At the same time, the chicken is coated with a delicious dijon mixture.
Calories for chicken strips
Calories for chicken strips are determined by the ingredients and the cooking method. For instance, using honey in the chicken recipe will increase the calories. Likewise, breaded deep-fried chicken strips will have more calories than baked chicken strips. Our recipe boasts a healthy 230 calories per serving. Most other recipes are 350 calories or more.
How long to bake chicken strips
Determining how long to bake chicken strips is simple. Start by following the suggestion of whatever recipe for chicken strips you are using. OK, I will be honest…sometimes I don’t trust their recommendations. An easy rule is 20 minutes at 400F. Our spicy chicken tender recipe asks for 30 minutes at 350F. Of course, the real answer to “How long” is whatever time and temperature that will make the tastiest chicken strips.
Chicken strips fast food options
The best recipe for chicken strips
Spicy chicken tender recipe
Chicken strips pioneer woman
Recipe for chick fil a chicken strips
Try our Grilled Indian Chicken recipe
Are chicken strips and tenders the same thing?
Are chicken strips and tenders the same thing? Mostly yes. Breaded, fried chicken tenders are often referred to as fingers, tenders, or strips. Despite size and cut variations, tenders, fingers, and strips are mostly made from chicken breast. In the end, there is very little difference between "strips" and "tenders".
How many carbs in chicken strips?
Want to know how many carbs in chicken strips? The level of carbs is widely variable. For instance, chicken strips baked in oven will have almost no carbs. At the same time, heavily breaded and deep-fried chicken strips will have high carbs. If you are counting your carbs, baked chicken strips in the oven are recommended.
Is buffalo chicken hot?
Is buffalo chicken hot? Yes, but it can range. Fried chicken wings dripping with Buffalo sauce are traditionally known as Buffalo chicken. Butter and cayenne are the main components of Buffalo sauce. Thus, heat levels may range from mild to extremely hot depending on the makeup of the buffalo sauce.
Can dogs have chicken strips?
Can dogs have chicken strips? Chicken nuggets and strips should not be eaten by dogs. Fryable foods, especially processed ones, like chicken nuggets and strips, should be avoided for dogs.