- Vanilla syrup is not the same as Vanilla extract.
- Packaged granola often contains sugar, dairy, and flour.
Recipe Intent versus reality
Initially, my intent is to create a no sugar vegan dessert. However, a close inspection of the ingredient labels often reveals several violations. For instance, the granola may contain chocolate with a milk component. Likewise, the vanilla syrup may contain refined sugar. By all means, I did not set out to fool you. Rather, I want to give you a simple healthy recipe that does require a lot of work and still delivers a great tasting dessert.
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
3 ingredient Apple Crisp
- 2 Granny Smith apples (organic)
- 1/4 cup Vanilla syrup
- 1 cup packaged granola
- 1/4 cup water (not counted as ingredient)
- Peel apples. Using an apple core tool, cut apples into slices. Cut apple slices into chunks. Place apple chunks into baking dish.
- Add 1/4 cup of vanilla syrup and 1/4 cup of water. Sprinkle 1 cup of packaged granola on top.
- Bake in oven at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.