Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Homemade tuna noodle casserole
Tired of tuna noodle surprise? Create our homemade tuna noodle casserole and shock your family. Best damn recipe you will find!
- 6 oz tuna steak
- 4 fresh carrots (peeled and cut)
- 1 pt organic mushrooms
- 2 cup low carb noodles (uncooked)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 avocado
- Mince onion. Peel and cut carrots into small pieces. Cut open avocado and scoop out insides.
- Cut raw tuna steak into bite-sized chunks.
- In large stock pot, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add 1 tbsp of minced onions. (rest of onions will be used later) Add the tuna chunks and cook on medium for 5 minutes. Stir while cooking. After 5 minutes, remove tuna chunks and set aside.
- In same pot, add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add rest of onions and the carrots. Cook on high for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and add 2 cups of broth along with 1 cup of water. Allow the carrots to cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of broth and mix in avocado. Stir a few minutes so as to thoroughly mix in avocado.
- Add last cup of broth and the mushrooms. Stir entire mixture. Allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of dry noodles and 1/2 cup of water. Cook until noodles are soft. (about 5 minutes)
- Finally, stir in cooked tuna chunks. Reduce heat to simmer. Allow entire mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot in bowls. Top with seasoned breadcrumbs if desired.