This recipe is 100% Vegan!
I grew up with tomato soup from a can. For many people this is the only taste they know. Not until we taste a well prepared tomato soup do we begin to understand the rich flavor of tomato soup. With that in mind, making fresh homemade tomato soup is a delight in our kitchen.
Other recipes you may like
Copyright © 2019 – Webtop Enterprise LLC
Homemade Tomato Soup
- 3 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 cup vegetable broth (low sodium)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp whole black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp plant butter
- Chop tomatoes. Minced onion and garlic.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Put in mustard seeds. Wait until mustard seeds start to pop. Mix in minced onions and garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute on high.
- Add Tomatoes, 1 cup broth, and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rest of broth, chili powder, and turmeric. Cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Put 80% of the mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth. Return smooth mixture to the pan. Cook on simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tbsp of plant butter. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot in bowls.Also try Tomato Zucchini Summer Soup from TheBossyKitchen